Client: Transport Scotland
Main Contractor: AWPR CIV
Project Status: Ongoing
Start Date: February 2016
Completion Date: November 2017
The AWPR/B-T project is being delivered by Transport Scotland, the national transport agency, on behalf of the Scottish Government and in partnership with Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council. Rossmore are subcontracted to the main contractor Aberdeen Roads Limited (Balfour Beatty Investments Ltd, Carillion Private Finance (Transport) Ltd and Galliford Try Investments Ltd) constructing the new 58 km road along with all associated structures and side roads.
Rossmore works include full road construction on the mainline, associated side roads and access tracks.
- Full earthworks inclusive of top soil strip, rehabilitation and landscaping
- Bulk excavations cut to fill, box cut along with formation preparation
- Drainage systems ranging from 150mm – 900mm Carrier & Filter Drain, back of wall drainage to structures, Precast culverts, SUDS attenuation ponds including all associated chambers and headwalls
- Pavement construction up to sub base level or underside of CGBM & Asphalt
- Kerbing, footways and paved areas